1. Check that your Mac OS X version of El Capitan is 10.11.1 or higher by following the screenshots below. Update your Mac if it is not before proceeding.
2. Download the EmojiWorks Emoji Keyboard software installer for Mac below by clicking the brown box icon and following instructions to get the software.
3. Go to your Downloads folder in Finder and right (secondary) click or press Control + click to open the installer.
4. Confirm you want to Open.
6. After installing you will need to Log Out of your Mac and Log In again to finish the install.
7. Log In to your Mac. Then open System Preferences -> Keyboard preferences.
9. Look under English and Add the EmojiWorks US input source.
10. Ensure “Show Input menu in menu bar” is checked, then in the menu bar up top, click the flag and select EmojiWorks US. It will have a check mark next to it when activated and the laughing emoji ? will appear instead of the flag in your menu bar.
14. Next enter the passkey on your Emoji Keyboard to complete the pairing.
15. Verify your menu bar has both Emoji Keyboard bolded under the Bluetooth menu and the laughing emoji ? is showing for your input.
- Emoji Keyboard (base model):
- press Emoji + key with the emoji you want to type
- Emoji Keyboard Pro – each key can have up to 3 emojis so here’s how to type each:
- bottom right emoji: press Emoji + key
- top right emoji: press Emoji + Shift + key
- bottom left emoji: press Emoji + Control + key
17. Open your favorite emoji supported app and start typing emoji! Great job!