Snapchat emojis hold a special significance in the life of enthusiasts. Many users must have noticed that unlike Facebook emojis which are added optionally, Snapchat emojis usually appear besides every snap which friends sent or receive. These come in the form of small emoji icons and in this post, we will be explaining what they mean and how one can customize the usage— based on preferences.
What Are Snapchat Friend Emojis?
Snapchat emojis are the precursors of user’s messaging habits. This includes both groups and individual snaps. Whenever a user messages frequently, the Snapchat algorithm assigns a specific emoji to the same. This emoji easily represents the exiting levels of user interaction.
Depending upon the messaging frequency, the emoji might get modified or even removed if the snaps stop flowing in either directions.
In this post, we will be talking about the meaning associated with Snapchat friend emojis as understanding the same will help users decode the convoluted world of Snapchat:
- Red heart- This emoji shows up if two users keep interacting for two weeks at a stretch. The existing symbol standard for the ‘BFF’ status.
- Two Pink Hearts- This symbol actually stands for the position of best friend on Snapchat for an extensive period of at least two months.
- Yellow Heart- This emoji might not have a great timeframe associated with it but it still shows up if a user has started interacting frequently with someone on snapchat.
- Smiling Face, Smiling Eyes- This actually shows another great bond friendship between two users but doesn’t stand for the best friend tag.
- Grimacing Face- The smiley showing teeth besides a friend’s profile means that you both share the number one position when it comes to being friends with each other.
- Sunglass Face- This smiley, if seen on any username— means that your number one friend is also at the same positon for that user.
- Fire- Having a fire emoji on your profile and a flame on somebody else’s stands for Snap streak. This means you and that user are snapping each other pretty extensively for the past days and sticking longer with the same reveals great number of snapstreaks for the same.
- Baby- Baby emoji besides a username showcases that the new friend is only added a while back and is still pretty new to the world of Snapchat.
- Sparkles- If you are a part of a group, sparkles are visible right next to every member— helping you determine the buddies.
How to Customize Snapchat Emojis?
While we have mentioned what each snapchat emoji— right next to a username means, these are default settings and can be changed by following certain steps:
- Head over to the camera app and pull down the existing ghost icon which showcases the base of snapchat.
- Pull down the profile tab and access the settings.
- Reveal Manage Preferences and Click on Additional Services
- Select Friends emoji and access the corresponding meaning associated with each.
- You can then change the default settings for each and every emoji— depending upon preferences.
As an example, if you are looking to assigned poo emoji to the Super BFF status, instead of the existing Pink hearts— the same can be done using the mentioned steps.
What Do Specific Snapchat Emojis Mean?
In the subsequent sections, we will be talking about specific Snapchat emojis which need to be decoded. However, if you are looking to use custom snapchat emojis with your snaps, our website has a wide collection to choose from.
- Gold Star- This emoji shows that your snaps have been replayed over a period of 24 hours.
- Smirking Face- You are someone’s best friend but he or she isn’t the same for you.
- Hundred- A text based emoji which shows up right next to the fire and shows that you and another user have been on a Snapstreak for 100 days in a row.
- Birthday Cake- Only shows up when a friend has a birthday and his or her Birthday Party settings is turned on.
- Hourglass- This emoji shows that a current Snapstreak is about to end. Send over another snap to keep the same alive.
Apart from that, we get Zodiac and trophy emojis which serve definite purposes. Sent icons are also available but they aren’t considered as specific emojis. We, however, have even covered this base for our visitors.
Snapchat emojis are already embedded within the app as a part of the algorithm. However, it is exceedingly important to understand the meaning of each, before one can jump to conclusions. In addition to that, our website allows users to use custom emojis for Snapchat from an expansive array of options. That said, if you have found any emoji on our website, we will definitely add the same— at the earliest.